Get Ready To Shine
Here are a few pro tips to make sure you get the most out of your SHINE experience:
- Show up: New students please plan to arrive at least 15-minutes early so you have time to fill out our fancy new student form and get familiar with your new studio. We do not allow students to enter classes late.
- Drink up: Make sure to bring water, and lots of it, to class. Hydration is critical in yoga and barre, as it is really in any workout! Please bring a water bottle (or two) to class, especially to our Warm Flow classes. We also recommend drinking water before and after class. We offer water dispensers at both studios for your convenience!
- Speak up: If you're suffering from an injury or limitation please let your teacher know so he/she can help you modify your practice safely. Our goal is to offer classes that are designed for every level and we want you to be as comfortable and safe as possible at all times.
- Mind your manners: Please remember to be respectful of the other yogis and barre stars at Shine while you're enjoying the studio. Cell phones should be on silent during class and if you arrive early and a class is still in session, please try to be as quiet as possible until class finishes up.
- Love on yourself...a lot: Most important of all these suggestions. If you need to take a break during class, take it. Your yoga and barre practice is YOURS so make it work for you and never be afraid to modify or take a minute to reset.
- Parking Downtown is easy: The state parking lot across from the Downtown studio is open to the public (enter on Center St.). Majority of the parking on El Dorado and Miner Streets is free for two-hours as most of the meters have been removed. You can always call the studio ahead of time with parking questions.
- Mat rental: We offer Manduka mat rentals at both studios...$2 per mat.
A Shine speciality! Heated to 85 degrees+, this is our most challenging class. Set to upbeat music, this dynamic flow series will challenge you and encourage you to connect with your breath through movement. All levels will enjoy this class and we encourage beginners to take the “fundamental flow” class first. Modifications will be offered throughout the class for both beginners and more advanced yogis. You will leave class sweatier … happier … stronger … and shinier.
Heated to a comfortable room temperature, this gentle and slow-moving class includes mostly floor postures and encourages relaxation and deep stretching. Each pose is held for about 15-20 breaths. Yin Yoga applies gentle tension to the connective tissue, such as the tendons, fascia, and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility and strength. The poses also improve the flow of prana (life force) to boost organ health, immunity, mental and emotional balance and well-being. Appropriate for all levels.
Feel Good Flow
This gentle class is heated to room temperature (around 75 degrees) and focuses on deep stretching and mindfulness. Feel Good Flow is appropriate for all levels. Join us for this feel good class that will leave you feeling relaxed, recharged and inspired. During class you can expect to hold poses a bit longer in order to give you the opportunity to really explore the body. You can also expect only slow, gentle flow sequences that encourage you to give the mind a break and tune into your body and breath. Take this class and you will leave FEELING GOOD. No previous yoga experience necessary.
Led by Nicole Gomez-Varelas, this class is an invigorating mix of strength, flexibility and meditation. Though the room is not heated, you will find yourself working up a sweat in this fun class. This is a great class for beginner and advanced yogis because we spend the beginning of class explaining and demonstrating the main sequence you will practice. You can also expect the teacher to practice what she preaches as she demonstrates every pose for you.
Restorative Yoga will quite literally calm your entire being. This tranquil non-heated practice involves props to support you and guide you into postures. Practiced in a candlelit room, this practice encourages you to explore your body, heighten your awareness and deepen the connection with yourself. You will leave our evening restorative classes feeling balanced, relaxed and ready for a wonderful night's sleep.
Join us for this fun and challenging pilates- style exercise class with weights! We offer 1, 2, 3 and 5 pound weights in this class and it's for every level. The class is 60-minutes and it's a sweaty one; get ready to be challenged! Each teacher has a different style so each class promises something new and exciting! This class is heated to a comfortable temperature.
Beginners, this is your class! This class is not heated though the temperature will rise naturally as more bodies fill the studio. Designed for every yogi no matter your skill level, this class encourages you to deepen and strengthen your practice. You will learn the fundamentals of the vinyasa flow practice including how to align your body, properly breathe and tap into your spirituality. We recommend this class for those yogis who want to learn more about their practice and themselves. No previous yoga experience necessary.
Flow and Let Go
This heated flow class is fluid and calming. This class is appropriate for all levels and can be modified to your needs. Use this class to relax your mind, move your body and escape for a bit. Connecting your movements with your breath in this class will allow you to get deeper into your poses and nourish your body, mind and soul. We call this class "vinny" as it combines both vinyasa and yin disciplines and is slower but challenging. Get ready to stretch and SHINE with this feel good class!
You'll start with a warm up and sequence of upper-body exercises, which include free weights, push-ups, planks and moves that target the biceps, triceps, chest and back muscles. Next, you'll use the ballet barre and your own bodyweight for resistance to focus on the thighs and seat muscles. Barre is a head-to-toe workout for every body type. Combining forms of pilates, yoga, dance and functional training, this workout will leave you feeling toned, slimmed and strengthened.
Sacred Sunday Flow
Join Nicole Mathis and Alyssa Marty (rotating schedule) for this soulful Sunday practice. During this heated class you will truly focus on connecting the mind, body and spirit through asana, guided meditation, sound healing and so much more. Set your intentions for your week ahead with this special class.
***NEW STUDENT INTRO Special : $30 for 30 days unlimited yoga & barre at both studios. Sign up for a SHINE BRIGHT autopay membership before your intro offer expires and get 50% off your first month.
Barre and Yoga
SHINE BRIGHT DOWNTOWN
Downtown monthly unlimited
Barre + Yoga
($95 per month with autopay for 6 months)
SHINE BRIGHT QUAIL LAKES
Quail Lakes monthly unlimited
Barre + Yoga
($110 per month with autopay for 6 months)
SHINE BRIGHT ALL ACCESS PASS
($125 with autopay for 6 months/ valid at both locations)
Family Pass (one studio)
Barre + Yoga
valid for two family members for unlimited classes for one month
10-Class Pass Pack
Barre + Yoga (use within 12 months)
valid at both locations
Barre or Yoga (group rates upon request)
Special pricing for local students/ government employees and seniors (65+):
STUDENT deal: one month, eight classes
Barre + Yoga
seniors 65 + or students
Unlimited Yoga + Barre
$5 off any unlimited package
government employees and teachers
Yoga + Barre