Get Ready To Shine
Here are a few pro tips to make sure you get the most out of your SHINE experience:
- Show up: New students please plan to arrive at least 15-minutes early so you have time to fill out our fancy new student form and get familiar with your new studio.
- Drink up: Make sure to bring water, and lots of it, to class. Hydration is critical in yoga and barre, as it is really in any workout! Please bring a water bottle (or two) to class, especially to our Warm Flow classes. We also recommend drinking water before and after class.
- Mind your manners: Please remember to be respectful of the other yogis and barre stars at Shine while you're enjoying the studio. Cell phones should be on silent during class and if you arrive early and a class is still in session, please try to be as quiet as possible until class finishes up.
- Love on yourself...a lot: Most important of all these suggestions. If you need to take a break during class, take it. Your yoga and barre practice is YOURS so make it work for you and never be afraid to modify or take a minute to reset.
- Parking is easy: The state parking lot across from the studio is only 75 cents per hour and is open to the public (enter on Center St.). Majority of the parking on El Dorado and Miner Streets is free two-hour as most of the meters have been removed. You can always call the studio ahead of time with parking questions.
A SHINE speciality! Heated to 90 degrees, this is our most challenging class. Set to upbeat music, this dynamic flow series will challenge you and encourage you to connect with your breath through movement. All levels will enjoy this class and we encourage beginners to take the “fundamental flow” class first. Modifications will be offered throughout the class for both beginners and more advanced yogis. You will leave class sweatier … happier … stronger … and shinier.
This gentle and slow-moving class includes mostly floor postures and encourages relaxation and deep stretching. Each pose is held for about 15-20 breaths. Yin Yoga applies gentle tension to the connective tissue, such as the tendons, fascia, and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility and strength. The poses also improve the flow of prana (life force) to boost organ health, immunity, mental and emotional balance and well-being. Appropriate for all levels.
Feel Good Flow
This heated flow class is the perfect balance between challenging and relaxing. Focused on building strength and calming the mind, this class is appropriate for all levels. Join us for this funky feel good class focused on alignment, mindfulness and movement. You will leave class feeling relaxed, recharged and inspired. During class you can expect a mix of strength, balance, flow and some serious playfulness. Take this class and you will leave FEELING GOOD.
Led by Nicole Gomez-Varelas, this class is an invigorating mix of strength, flexibility and meditation. Though the room is not heated, you will find yourself working up a sweat in this fun class. This is a great class for beginner and advanced yogis because we spend the beginning of class explaining and demonstrating the main sequence you will practice. You can also expect the teacher to practice what she preaches as she demonstrates every pose for you.
Barre + Cardio unite. Take this challenging and sweaty barre class and enjoy quick cardio bursts throughout! Think ballet, pilates and bootcamp all mixed into one freaking fun hour! Get your full-body workout in just one class.
Beginners, this is your class! This class is not heated though the temperature will rise naturally as more bodies fill the studio. Designed for every yogi no matter your skill level, this class encourages you to deepen and strengthen your practice. You will learn the fundamentals of the vinyasa flow practice including how to align your body, properly breathe and tap into your spirituality. We recommend this class for those yogis who want to learn more about their practice and themselves.
Flow and Let Go
This heated flow class is fluid and calming. This class is appropriate for all levels and can be modified to your needs. Use this class to relax your mind, move your body and escape for a bit. Connecting your movements with your breath in this class will allow you to get deeper into your poses and nourish your body, mind and soul. We call this class "vinny" as it combines both vinyasa and yin disciplines and is slower but challenging. Get ready to stretch and SHINE with this feel good class!
You'll start with a warm up and sequence of upper-body exercises, which include free weights, push-ups, planks and moves that target the biceps, triceps, chest and back muscles. Next, you'll use the ballet barre and your own bodyweight for resistance to focus on the thighs and seat muscles.
Yoga or Barre
($85 per month with Autopay
or 12 months prepaid for $960 )
($90 per month with Autopay
or 12 months prepaid for $1,020)
Yoga + Barre
($115 per month with Autopay
or pre-pay for the entire year for just $1000)
10-Class Pass Pack
Barre OR Yoga (use within 6 months)
20-Class Pass Pack
Barre OR Yoga (use within 12 months)
Yoga or Barre (group rates upon request)
Special pricing for local students and state/county employees:
Yoga + Barre